Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When a hip starts to go....

I don't know how people wait months to have their surgery.

Five or six weeks ago, I thought I'd be planning this procedure next fall or winter. Three weeks ago, my symptoms took a major step up -- significant pain and mobility issues, I knew there was an increased problem, but I could manage with Tylenol. The past couple days, symptoms have become difficult to control. I can't keep people from noticing that I'm hobbling. I'm careful where I kneel or squat down because I know I'll need support to get up.

So, I'm forced to say: I'm glad I'm having surgery tomorrow. Sure wish I could skip the next 6 weeks, though.

2 comments:

  1. i found a video on youtube about hip replacement so please check this video

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site is very beautiful so i like it and post my comments.

    Hip replacement surgery has been in practice for a considerable period of time. For sixty years hip joint surgery has been utilized to help people to walk again when injury or degradation of the body has occurred. Hundreds of thousands of individuals are mobile and taking care of themselves because of this ground breaking procedure. Now there is anterior approach hip joint replacement surgery that is a better way than the conventional hip joint surgeries that have been being conducted for so long.
    recovery from hip
    total hip replacement
    hip replacement
    hip arthroscopy
    hip replacement surgery

    ReplyDelete