Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 4

I'm settling in for a boring two weeks. I need to count myself lucky that my recovery seems to be on track and I'm moving forward, if slowly. Last go 'round, it was all new and surprising and I was able to find a little joy in being able to care for myself, move around  on my own, etc.This time, I know what's (probably) coming -- another two weeks of stumping around on a cane and an oversize caboose. (Even my oversize athletic pants are bulging!) I'm trying to remind myself that these things mark a good recovery!

So, let's count the positives. I'm mobile with my walker, can navigate the stairs, but can't handle many household chores (clearly a positive -- the orthopedic surgeon around the house has been a cheerful caregiver). I'm weaning off pain meds and hope to be back to just Tylenol tomorrow -- have a little bit of achiness, probably just the healing process, that creeps in occasionally and I don't want this to get ahead of me. 

While I don't trust myself to address business projects in my current, slightly loopy state, I'm hoping to get around to some personal projects -- organizing photo files, re-naming and  -categorizing business electronic files -- all those things I've been meaning to do for so long. These would give me great personal satisfaction! 

I'm reminded of how difficult it is for us to just "rest." Introspection, contemplation -- we should be carving out more  time for these in our lives.  So much for constant  busy-ness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment